UPDATE: open Tuesdays to Friday mornings
Moggill Uniting Church is hosting a Community Foodbank to assist anyone in the local community who may be struggling at the moment with food & toiletry requirements. The restrictions have caused unexpected and unforeseen changes to many people’s circumstances. Donations have been given with love from many wonderful people in our community so that no one need go without basic food and toiletries while they work through what needs to happen next.
Please don’t be hungry and please don’t be embarrassed to ask! There is no judgement and no awkward questions. We have a wonderful caring community who just want everyone to be looked after, and we trust that those who come feel the love of the community.
We have a variety of ways to get in touch with us:
- come to the main church office Mon-Fri 9am-12noon (there are only 1 or 2 people working here at the moment so it is very quiet..and we will maintain physical distance)
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange a time to meet
- send us a PM on the Moggill Uniting Church Facebook group and we can arrange a time to meet
- if you are in isolation or prefer not to come out, please contact us via email or Facebook and we will make sure you are looked after
Donations can be left at the church main office during our office hours, Mon-Fri 9am-12noon or in the donation box at Coles Bellbowrie. If these are not possible, please contact us via email or Facebook.
Below is a list of examples of accepted items. This is not an exhaustive list and if you have items that are non-perishable (i.e. not items requiring refrigeration) feel free to donate. Cash and Coles vouchers are also accepted.
- Body wash
- Feminine hygiene
- Toilet paper
- Pasta sauce
- Breakfast cereals
- UHT milk
- Tinned fruit and vegetables
- Tinned meat & fish
- Baked beans and spaghetti
- Tinned soup