Welcome to Moggill Uniting Church
With the safety of all bring front of mind, Church Council have determined that a sensible and precautionary approach be adopted, placing a hold on gathering in person for the moment. The aim is to commence in person from Sunday 6th September.
Live-stream each Sunday at 9.00am will continue, enabling you to worship together in the comfort of your own homes for a little longer.
Whilst disappointing, given the anticipation of worshipping together in person recently, we thank you for your understanding in these times.
To view the live stream, or a recorded version, please click the link below:
If you would like make an offering to Moggill Uniting Church please either transfer via online banking or phone your bank to transfer with these details:
Name : UCA – Moggill Congregation
BSB No. : 334 040
A/C No. : 553 847 236
Greetings in the name of Christ.
This information below will apply when we re-open sometime in the future (hopefully on 6th September):
This year has been very different to the year we thought we were going to have and we thank God that we have been able to work through, adapt and change where needed, and find new ways to worship and connect in a safe manner. We continue to trust God for our future and dedicate ourselves to carrying out His mission in our community.
When we gather in person on a Sunday soon, things will be a little different as we work to keep everyone safe. Please see some added details below.
Worship Services and Covid
- Worship commences at 9am in the main church building.
- Entry is via the glass sliding door on the verandah.
- The path is marked at 1.5m intervals for you to wait at a safe distance before you enter.
- The door will open from 8:40 to allow time for the new requirements of questions and seating, then to settle in before the service and live stream commence.
- Maximum of 50 people permitted in the worship space (to comply with Covid physical distancing regulations).
- You will be greeted at the door as you arrive and counted as you enter. Your attendance and personal contact details will be recorded (as required by the Industry Safety Plan).
- Please be patient as we ask the questions we are required to ask in terms of your health and where you have been over the last 14 days.
- If you are unwell, please stay home and join us via live stream. It is also strongly encouraged that you download the Covidsafe app to your phones to assist with contact tracing should the need arise.
- Offerings will be received at the entry in a contactless container, and will be blessed during the service. We encourage you to consider making your offerings online (see details above & below).
- Household groups can sit together, but if the person next to you is not from your house, please leave 2 clear seats in between you. The Church Council Leadership Team members will be assisting with this.
- Please greet each other warmly as you always do, however without physical contact. Smiles and head nods are warm ways to express our joy at greeting each other.
- Exit is through the foyer doors or the door near the toilets.
- At this stage we will not be serving morning tea following the service but you are welcome to stay to chat and catch up with people you may not have seen for a while. Please remember to maintain a physcial distance of 1.5m from each other while chatting.
- Part of our worship each Sunday is an opportunity to bring our offerings to God and have it blessed to His service.
- We encourage you to consider online offerings to assist in reducing the handling of cash and thereby reducing the risks of transmission.
- If you choose to bring a cash offering, it may be placed in the container at the church entry for blessing during the service.
- Other ways to participate in this act of worship are:
- Deliver in person to the office Monday-Friday 9am-12pm.
- Make direct transfer to the Moggill Uniting Church account using the following details (these are also found within the weekly Bulletin):
- Name: UCA – Moggill Congregation
- BSB No.: 334 040
- A/C No.: 553 847 236
Your offerings allow this Church to continue in its mission. Without your generosity we cannot continue to function.
As Jesus commanded: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind; and love your neighbour as yourself” Luke 10:27
May the grace of God and love of the Lord Jesus Christ and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you now and forever more, Amen.
Church Council Leadership Team,
Moggill Uniting Church
ABOUT MOGGILL UNITING CHURCH:
Welcome to Moggill Uniting Church. We are an open space community of people committed to helping others discover and deepen their connections to God, themselves and each other. Why? Because we believe a full life, is a purposeful life and our greatest purpose and potential is realized as we learn to live love in every direction – love of God – love of ourselves and love for each other. Here at Moggill we don’t want to sleep through our life, we want to lift the lid on all people’s potential to be vehicles of relentless loving actions, embodying the life and teachings of Jesus. There are many ways you can connect here through Moggill Uniting – take some time to get familiar with us as you explore this website. Or connect with us via Facebook. We can’t wait to meet you!