Dear Moggill Uniting Church,
Greetings in the name of Christ.
As you are all aware every part of our lives have been changed in the last few weeks due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This will have an impact on how we operate as a church and interact with each other and the wider community.
The Queensland Synod have advised the Church Council Leadership Team (CCLT) that all worship services and meetings are to cease with immediate effect. This does not mean that we cannot still worship, pray and care for each other as a caring community with God as our source of strength and grace. But we will need to do it in a different way.
To that effect the CCLT have met and have discussed how best we can adapt to the current crisis within Moggill Uniting Church. In order to continue to be the caring community we are, for now we will put the following changes in place:
- Face-to-face congregational worship services and meetings will cease effective immediately.
- This Sunday’s worship service will be pre-recorded and available by 9am Sunday. A separate email containing a link to this service will be sent to everyone in the congregation. If you would like access to this service please email email@example.com
- We will keep you updated of any changes and refinements to this process over the coming weeks.
- 8:15am prayers before worship will continue but not in the Chapel, see the bulletin for more detail.
Open Church for Prayer and Support
- The church will be open from 10am-2pm Monday-Friday next week as a place to sit quietly, to pray and to meditate.
- There will be someone available during this time if you need a listening ear, someone to pray with you or assistance in other ways.
- To continue this service past next week we will need people to offer to be a listener or to pray with others.
Special Congregational Meeting
- The special congregational meeting to discuss the church profile – scheduled to occur this Sunday after worship service – has been cancelled.
- We invite you to continue to provide feedback on the church profile (previously distributed via email) to Lance at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 29th March.
- We will advise in due course on any further steps in this process.
AGM and Church Council Nominations
- The AGM scheduled for 26th April will be postponed until further notice.
- We are still seeking Church Council nominations by 12th
- Nomination forms are available from the church office.
- Completed forms are to be returned to the church office.
- Part of our worship each Sunday is an opportunity to bring our offerings to God.
- Those of you who make offerings through the offering bag on Sundays will not be able to do this while the current restrictions continue.
- You can continue in this act of worship in either of the following ways:
- Deliver in person to the office during Open Church.
- Make direct transfer to the Moggill Uniting Church account using the following details (these are also found within the weekly Bulletin):
- BSB No.: 334 040
- A/C No.: 553 847 236
- Your offerings allow this Church to continue in its mission. Without your generosity we cannot continue to function.
Church Council will continue to listen and act on the advice from the Queensland Synod and Bremer Brisbane Presbytery. If you have any concerns please do not hesitate to contact one of the Church Council Leadership Team or Rev. Jan.
At a time when some people are acting out of fear and self-interest within the Australian Community let us be a community of people who act out of love for each other and for the wider community.
As Jesus commanded: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind; and love your neighbour as yourself” Luke 10:27
May the grace of God and love of the Lord Jesus Christ and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you now and forever more, Amen.
Church Council Leadership Team,
Moggill Uniting Church
ABOUT MOGGILL UNITING CHURCH:
Welcome to Moggill Uniting Church. We are an open space community of people committed to helping others discover and deepen their connections to God, themselves and each other. Why? Because we believe a full life, is a purposeful life and our greatest purpose and potential is realized as we learn to live love in every direction – love of God – love of ourselves and love for each other. Here at Moggill we don’t want to sleep through our life, we want to lift the lid on all people’s potential to be vehicles of relentless loving actions, embodying the life and teachings of Jesus. There are many ways you can connect here through Moggill Uniting – take some time to get familiar with us as you explore this website. Or connect with us via Facebook. We can’t wait to meet you!